Viessmann Vitodens 200 S plan wiring configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central Heating system split into 4 zones 3CH and 1DHW Honeywell 2 port valves controlled by Honeywell ST6400 controller and room thermostats. Just had Viessmann boiler as replacement and the switched live into the boiler from the wiring centre needs to be 24v incoming. The existing switched live is 230 volts from the 2 port valves through the wiring centre to the boiler. What is the correct wiring configuration ? Does it need a relay and transformer to obtain the correct switching voltage.

Sponsored Links
I am pretty sure the switching voltage on the 200 is 240v, plug 96 is the connection for external controls, what makes you think its 24v?

Does it need a relay and transformer to obtain the correct switching voltage.

no
two ports have volt free contacts in them they will switch what ever voltage you want them to
you will of course have to rewire them if you need extra low voltage

matt

Plug 156 is the system supply for accessories 230V.
The wiring diagram shows that the external connections X4.1 and X4.2 (jumper lead currently fitted) for external demand are 24V.
The supply to the wiring centre, programmer and 2 port valves is 230V from plug 156.
So the Switched live from the 2 port valves is currently 230V and following the wiring diagram I need this to be 24V

Sponsored Links
any chance of a link to the instructions you have, all the diagrams for the 200 on the viessmann site show a connection for 240v.

Sorry Picasso
Its the Viessmann Vitodens 200 WB2, not the most recent 200. Its about 4 year old. The wiring diagram I have is from the Service Instructions for heating engineers.
Serial no: 7170311302850106
Just wondering if I could put a no volts relay between X4.1 and X4.2 switched by the 230V heat demand.

I havent got the instructions for the 200 wb but I cant see the 200 wb2a (which I have) being much different, again the connection for 240v is on plug 96, I wouldent use the service instructions , see if you can get the proper installation instructions.

Just checked the wiring configuration of the 200w that you have, and there is a difference, your right on your boiler its plug 96 with 230V.
I'll try and scan my wiring diagram in and post it if I can.

Not to hijack the subject you are discussing, but I am trying to figure out how to turn on a P20A pump connected to a power pump module on my vitodens 200 boiler. I was hoping to operate it by connecting some dry contacts to X4.1 and 4.2, as spec'd in my original design.

You guys sound pretty familiar with the vitodens control system. The viessmann techs I have spoken to here in the states say I cannot do it, and will have to unwire the pump and wire in my own controls. The original designer, and german engineer in Canada, had me wire a pump for future indoor swimming pool air heating to P20A. This guy really did a great job of designing my system, so I have a hard time believing he would had me wire it up if it could not work.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back