whats the cure for this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is water ingress towards the the bottom of this roof on this 3 storey house.

Should the roofer ( won't be me ) seek to extend the existing tiles beyond
the line of the eaves/house OR attempt to make good the interface between the tiles and the eaves.

Are flashings possible at all?

To extend sounds like a good idea but involves lowering the eaves so that they are below the level of the tiles.

Here are some ( now improved ) pics.

regards

Sponsored Links
Don't know about anyone else but i can't see anything in that picture only a silhouette of the roof

edit: are you saying the tiles do not overhang the gutter? Incidently that looks like mortar where the ridge tiles should be to me, thats rather odd?

could either lower the clubstone/verge below the line of the tiles reinstate the verge and fit a verge closer such as this.......

or the clubstone can be covered with sheet lead and lead soakers installed.

Sponsored Links
Them pics are better, would be a good idea to get a quote on strip and retiling a 1m perimmiter across the eaves and verge, and having a dry verge system such as the one that alastairreid has suggested.

edit: are you saying the tiles do not overhang the gutter? Incidently that looks like mortar where the ridge tiles should be to me, thats rather odd?

Yes that's the problem - I know its a bad bit of roofing and am asking the forum to suggest solutions since I have no experience of roofing.

The roof does leak - to lower the clubstone verge and re-tile seems like a lot of work. Looking for an easier solution before getting the quotes in.

Perhaps alastairreid has got the solution

>> the clubstone can be covered with sheet lead and lead soakers installed.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back