Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch dishwasher runs the entire cycle up to the last minute,
then it runs forever in what sounds like a rinse cycle. I can hear
the hot water going on and off and some water gets pumped
out intermittently, but it never stops. If it is not interrupted we
will run out of hot water after a while. When the door is opened there
is about 2 inches of very hot water left.

I think there is extra hot water going in during the cycle too,
(more than the normal amount). The dishes end up clean :)
but if I run a cycle, then go to work all of my hot water
will be wasted :(

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
This happened to me last week. The Sears guy said I need a new control box. I removed the front panel to reveal the control box and removed and replace every connector. It now works fine. It's possible that some corrosion set in and worsened some of the electrical contacts.

Having just paid the Sears repair man, I thought I'd post what I learned about the Bosch dishwasher. We were experiencing similar difficulties posted here (dishwasher sounds as if it's rinsing forever, counts down, but doesn't cycle off). We made certain the water was hot enough (the most common problem) before calling for a repair.

He ran the dishwasher a few minutes and opened the door. There were simply suds.

"White, fluffy suds should NEVER be in the dishwasher."

He added good old fashioned cooking oil directly to the suds, let the washer cycle and it's been fine ever since. Mr. Sears Repair said he has seen this several times and once fluffy, soapy suds start, the washer can not pump them out.

He again double checked the water temperature, as with the Bosch that is the most common issue.

No broken electronics, no out of warranty repair, just suds.

At some point we used too much detergent and/or the wrong kind.
It could have been an item placed into the washer that had dishwashing liquid on it (Joy, Dawn, etc...) from the sink. At the very least, try "cooking oil" before moving on to replace other parts that may not be the culprit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back