where should scaffolding go?

but there is a nice conservatory one side at the back and an extension on the other house....they can drop the debris on there. :eek:
They just plain got it wrong and won't admit it.

Yes this does seem odd! Maybe its just bad communication between the builders and the scaffold chaps :eek:

Sponsored Links
To be honest it does'nt matter if the scaffold is set up upside down and stretches to the moon, the most important thing is they do a nice job.

When the jobs finished the scaffold will be gone and forgotten about but the job will always be there to look at.

Try not to be a pain and pee them off by moaning about it too much, if they don't like you they'll just get the job done and dusted as quick as possible, if they like you they'll do it as if its their own house doing it with that little bit of extra care.

In my fitting days working on the roofs on two houses a week for ten years I got to meet some great customers and some horrible ones, the ones who did us tea and bacon sandwiches in the morning used to get a few extras like i'd run up the roof and point the 5 loose ridge tiles even though it was nothing to do with the main job we were getting paid to do.

Scrumpyjack i'm not saying your a horrible customer, lol just saying in general the customers who didn't moan used to get a few freebies/a more perfect job :cool:

You misunderstand me -I am not having a go at the actual builders, it's not their fault that they can't get started.
Anyway it's all getting sorted now-the structural engineer has agreed that the scaffolding could have been erected at the front considering that the lounge is our main living area ;) and as the scaffold was not erected as requested in the first place with regard to working height it's going up again, but this time, at the front.
It's been a non stop catalogue of excuses with everyone blaming the other and unfortunately all this hassle and the failure of the company to even get started for two weeks has left me very wary about continuing the job.
If it wasn't for the fact that they have my deposit I think I would look for another installer.--
At least the plumber was a star.on time and did the business :p
I'm not a grumpy git, but when I pay for a service I expect to get it. ;)
I don't want extras for free---just what I pay for, when it's promised.
There are plenty of good loft conversion companies and if mine doesn't start Monday, even if they are 2wks late,as promised, then I will find another. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back