Wet UFH in Suspended Timber Floor

OL4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Has anyone succesfully installed or got any tips they can share re: installing UFH between joists?

I've read on here and other sites its done by Battoning, Insulating then screed/Alum Plates.

Does the screed method work as well as the Al diffuser plates?
What type of insulation is best suited and how would I hold it in place?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Imgp1251a.jpg

not an expert in this field at all, but have worked on a job giving a mate a hand and it went great with the ally spreader plates

warm from skirting to skirting

Laid over 5000m of ufh and the best results are always with screed 60/70mm thick over celotex/kingspan
Heat spreader plates in my experience do not offer any signifcant kw per sq m esp when you add the cost.

Ideally you want a suitably sized slab to warm up slowly and release the heat at a slow constant rate.

Insulated wooden floors and s plates do not offer this.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Hi Stuart
Did you ever lay your UFH system? I have just posted a new topic with pretty much the same query.
Thanks,
BB

Ideally you want a suitably sized slab to warm up slowly and release the heat at a slow constant rate.

Insulated wooden floors and s plates do not offer this.

Pete

That might be the ideal in living areas but probably not in bedrooms.

I have often heard it stated that screed is best downstairs but spreader plates in bedrooms. With seperate timing of course.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back