Vokera Keeps Going On And Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a Vokera Mynute 20E,3Years old,that when CH or Water is on,keeps firing on and off.The rads and hot tap still work fine,but now,a couple of months after it started its getting worse and locks out once a day.
It sounds like it boils up inside.Cant do any of the electrical checks the manual says because nothing is actually broken YET .
Anyone got any idea's or advice,
Thanks in advance Steve

Sponsored Links
Thankyou Kevplumb,
Pump looks/sounds/ O.K. Not so sure about the valves.
Anyway, had boiler serviced on friday,Corgi said everything was is in good working order, clean, pressures correct etc. He thought my problem was 99% certain P.C.B. So on saturday I put a new one in, No different.
On off on off trip, On off on off trip, On off on off trip. Sounds like a quiet train!!! Although it is re-setting itself at the moment. Also did I mention its linked to an un-vented pressure tank and its not a combi.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Steve.

Problem fixed, Had Vokera engineer out, worn out NTC Thermister.
A £10 part. Happy now......

Sponsored Links
Exactly this happened with my Vokera Excel 80 SP.

That is, PCB got replaced, later problems still chronic, thermistor eventually replaced.

Only ever used CORGI-registered plumbers on boilers, but apparently this means little in terms of fault-finding. Plus, the man who replaced the PCB at £250 said he was giving me it at cost (actually I found out later it was £115) and very reluctant to leave me with my old (allegedly broken) PCB.

Very dodgy business - CORGI-registered plumbers have had me spend over £450 in the past 3 years on my Vokera, they all swear it's a great boiler etc etc. Very funny. Now shopping for new boiler, having had it'serviced' for £100 and spouse says they were there for less than 30 mins start to finish. Nuff said. :!:

Sleekitwan, were are you. Strongly suggest you stick with your present boiler. Present clutch of boilers are poorly made and suspect not made to last. Your Excel is about seven years old- new boiler will be hard pushed to last that long.

Best thing to do is to ask to be present when work is carried out on the boiler. Take pride in my repairs. Cannot say I repair every Vokera I go to, but effective repairs are in high ninties. If what I repair fails for the same defect, subsequent repair is not charged for. Plus the client knows (from watching) what areas were worked on on the boiler. He also gets a better understanding of how the boilers works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back