Worcester greenstar 28i junior flashing green light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Noitced on our boiler last night that there is a green light flashing on the front panel,not sure if this should be flashing or not as with the panel closed we never get to see it.

We have also noticed that when we select a temperature on the wireless control unit in the hallway nothing happens,i mean normally we select say 20 degrees then the boiler kicks in and all is fine.What we have to do at the moment is select the desired temperature in the hallway then go upstairs and press the over ride button on the boiler then it will kick in and away we go.Radiators work fine & hot water etc is fine.
The needle in the gauge shows it is in the green area and reads about 1 1/2 on the gauge.

Please advise what i can do to rectify the flashing light and make connection with wireless control unit & boiler.
Not sure on what i need to do in regards of reset as the paperwork i have does not mention anything.Had this system fitted 2 years ago.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have phoned the installer but he is on holiday,is there anything i can do ?

Sponsored Links
Now the battery sounds a good reply as we have never changed it and to be honest wondered how it connected to the boiler.
Can you look at this link to see what i have installed,do you require a number off it etc ?

http://www.parsonswebspace.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/photogallery/timer.jpg

How would i replace the battery not that i am dumb but getting the timer off the wall and opening it up.Would it then be a matter of swapping battery for a new one and somehow connecting the 2 items.

A flash once per second indicates the battery in the transmitter is running low...
A fast flashing means the battery has gone.

Simples ;)

(I assume its the green LED above the button marked 'overide'?? and its the MT10RF kit)

A flash once per second indicates the battery in the transmitter is running low...
A fast flashing means the battery has gone.

Simples ;)

(I assume its the green LED above the button marked 'overide'?? and its the MT10RF kit)
Yes it is the green led.
I have replaced tha battereis and made a new connection between the two and now sorted,i would not of known about the batteries if i had not been told on here thanks

Have just spent 2 hours trying to figure out why I had no CH but HW was fine. Lots of "pipes may be frozen" posts but I figured that was unlikely. Turns out it was the batteries, didn't even know I had a wireless thermostat!

Thanks a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back