worcester greenstar 24i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI i'm just about to rip out the night storage heaters in my flat and fit a combi and 7 radiators i will be putting in the radiators and all the pipe work myself and getting a gas safe fitter to connect the gas to the combi and commision it.I have been looking at the above mentioned combi for about £800 inc flue is this a good choice or am i just paying for the name are there any others that are the same qaulity for a cheaper price. any help will be greatfully accepted.

Sponsored Links
You are eligible for a fuel swap grant, for changing from electric storage heaters to gas central heating. Off the top of my head £500 for standard & £700 for higher rate. If you get WB Accredited Installer you would get 5 years parts & labour warranty. Calculate how much it would cost you in materials and time, and balance that with having it all professionally installed.

Sponsored Links
do you think the installer would still be able to claim the grant even if they only do part of the work as my plan.

1st and foremost, you need to find an installer who would be willing to do what you require. Best get on the phone.

ok but there's nothing to stop me putting in the radiators and all the pipe work is there you just mean the boiler.

HI i'm just about to rip out the night storage heaters in my flat and fit a combi and 7 radiators i will be putting in the radiators and all the pipe work myself and getting a gas safe fitter to connect the gas to the combi and commision it.I have been looking at the above mentioned combi for about £800 inc flue is this a good choice or am i just paying for the name are there any others that are the same qaulity for a cheaper price. any help will be greatfully accepted.

Spend the extra cash and get the 27CDi far better boier. It's fully condensing in hot water mode and comes with a fully modulating pump these two features are worth a saving of roughly £50 per year on gas and electric so it will repay the extra outlay in 3 years.

The CDi series are also suitable for weather compensating controls which offer further efficiency (up o 11%) over a timer room stat set up, something to think about considering the price of gas is expected to rise by as much as 60% over the next year.

The reason for combis having such a high output is to ensure that you can heat the domestic water at a reasonable rate... So you can have a decent flow of water at a decent temperature.....

If it was a small flat with a shower rather than a bath then the 24i junior would be fine.... If you have a bath, then something closer to 30kW is better so the 27CDi would be fine... If physical size is an issue, then the 30Si would suit you better. Incidentally, all the Greenstars are fully condensing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back