Problem with Vaillant ecoTEC plus 624

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 624. For the last week we've only had hot water when the heating is on. There are no fault codes - only status codes (S.4, S.6, s.8 and S.31). The tank is a MEGAflo, not sure of the model but can find out if it's important.

In a previous post on this site someone asked about the same problem with a Turbo max VUW 242-1E Combi boiler. The answer was:

"Check operation of electrical switch (black plastic housing) on side of diverter valve (bottom right front corner of appliance). If arm is not moving far enough to activate switch, adjustment can be altered."

Could this be the same problem with the ecoTEC plus 624? If so, does the same thing apply and is this something that I can check or should I get someone in?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
No it won't be the same problem. The turbomax was a combi and yours is a system boiler.

You need to check your 2 port ch valve. There appears to be a fault with this and not with your boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back