Removing Floor Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any quick way to remove ceramic floor tiles or is it just a question of getting them off with a hammer and chisel? If it is the hammer and chisel option is there a proper type of chisel to use to avoid taking lumps out of the concrete floor below?

Sponsored Links
dynamites a quick way but can annoy the neighbours! You can use an sds drill with a tile removing bit, can be hired, but if its not a large area agood old fashioned club hammer and bolseter chisel will do the trick.

Many thanks for the information - I will purchase the required chisel today

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get some good leather gloves, a dust mask and above all, eye protection.

When chiseling this stuff off pieces fly all over and they can be as sharp as glass. A buddy of mine refused to wear the gloves I got him while helping me clear the tiles off. He got a huge gash in his hand from a piece of tile that shattered.

You can hire a tile lifter for like 80 pounds a week. This think can get tiles up pretty quickly, but you'll need to get a few off manually first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back