Warm (low K) LED lighting - does it exist yet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking of getting LED lighting, as I'd heard they were getting closer to creating 'warm' white light.

However, a friend recently got some were that were supposed to be like that, but to me they still seemed cold and blue, more worthy of an office than a comfy home.

The low running costs and lack of bulb changing seems like a great advantage, if only one can get the right quality of light.

Sponsored Links
They are available, but not, AFAIK, as replacement lamps for existing fittings. They come with a mix of different colours (e.g. red & yellow thrown in) to produce an overall lower colour temperature.)

Thanks - any suggestions on sources?

To confirm, this is for new spots, so don't need to use existing fittings. They would need to be dimmable though.

Thanks

Marcos

Rapid Electronics Order Code 55-2050 along with 55-1974 are pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Rapid Electronics Order Code 55-2050 along with 55-1974 are pretty good.
MR16s..... pretty good......

Nope - does not compute.

Well they are! Three emitters with the standard optics fit exactly into a 50mm circle. What difference does it make if it's then placed into an MR16 fitting or into something else that simply holds the emitters in place?

The honycomb diffusers give an excellent spread of light also.

What makes you think the downlights you pointed to would be better? The light still comes from above, and has similar viewing angles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back