Best paints?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being fairly new to this trade I am still trying to find out which paints to buy. I'd like to know what paint's you pro's use, for quality and cost effectiveness please. At the moment I am using Johnstone's Trade emulsion's which are extremely good (especially their white and magnolia) for coverage/finish and are reasonably priced too. Interior uc/gloss I have just switched to Dulux Trade from Johnstone's as I found it a lot easier to apply (especially the gloss), but it is quite a bit more expensive. What do you guys use? I would also like to know what you guys use for exterior uc/gloss, masonry, interior satin's and whatever else you can recommend please. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Come on guys.
I'd just like to know what brands people prefer.

These are my personal preferences/recommendations , tried them all over the last 30-odd years...

White emulsion ; Crown.

White gloss & U/coat , in order of preference; Crown , Leyland/Johnstones , Dulux.

Eggshell; Leyland/Johnstones Crown, Dulux

Coloured emulsion; Dulux,Crown, Johnstones/Leyland, Glidden.

(all trade quality though..DIY named brands ,Crown, Dulux etc., are a different formulation)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back