Slate Roof Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new roof which needs slating, can anybody on here give me even a rough estimate of the cost for felt/batten/slate/lead (LABOUR only - materials already on site)- only a rough guide so i know what to expect

A brief description of the task follows:

1/ A standard fink roof, 13mx5m either side. (130sqm)

2/ 4no. dormers protracting from this roof, valley length 2m. (~4sqm each)

3/ An extension 5mx4m either side [also coming from the main roof], so another 2m long valley pair here. (40 sqm)

4/ 4 Velux windows to cut round

5/ A standalone garage 6mx4m either side with no details in it. (48sqm)

Leadwork would include round the dormers, the 10 valleys from the dormers and extension, around a chimney, and soakers round the veluxes.

Any help would be extremely useful, even if just a ball-park figure!

Peterb20

Sponsored Links
So you want a quote without even a chance of getting the job? Ball park figure is between £4k and £6k i'd say, depending on materials (type of underslating / slates / fixings / access)

no - i AM interested in quotes! i just didnt think there'd be anyone local enough to me to offer, so i was after ball-park figures so i wasnt duped!

As far as i know the slate is spanish, 450x220mm, natural. By underslating i presume you mean felt and batten - this is the normal breathable membrane type, with regular batten (no counter-batten). Fixings are 30mm galvs, and i dont think access would be an issue because the materials are on site, and the scaffold is mine so its up till i say so!

any other info you'd need?

Going by what you have listed i'd say between £4,800 and £5,200 can't be 100% unless i went to the job . That is treating all the roofs as one job , not having to leave and come back.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back