Core Drill

B

Bodd

Hello all.

I'm a Plumber & Gas heating Installer. I have just had my diamond Core cutter drill and bits stolen.

Sh!t I know but life goes on. I need to buy new before my next install. Can anyone recommend a good core cutter that does not snatch when it locks.

I had Milwaukee and was never really that impressed with it. I'll also need to buy new bits as well. I'm not afreaid to spend the money I just want the best there is.

Any help?

Bodd

Sponsored Links
Everyone has their favourites but I've got some Hitachi core drills SDS max and Plus ...I've given them some stick but it comes back for more. Recommended. John :)

you can't go wrong with a Marcrist DDM2. Probably one of my best investments. Absolute quality, albeit a little heavy, but your not holding it as long so not so bad ;)

Sponsored Links
i have a metabo and it has a clutch which works ok not too much snatch,

the makita is probably betteras it has electronic power off when snaging,
more pricy though.

what i would like to know is for stone walls is there a particular bit i should have as the one i have at moment is for general use and takes an hour or two to get through a cavity stone wall?

builds your arms tho. :)

you can't go wrong with a Marcrist DDM2. Probably one of my best investments. Absolute quality, albeit a little heavy, but your not holding it as long so not so bad ;)

Just purchased one of these and it is rather special. It is heavy though. 5 year gaurantee.

Just purchased one of these and it is rather special. It is heavy though. 5 year gaurantee.

Thanks for getting back.

Fella in shop said to go through concrete you will have to buy a bit designed for that purpose. He said one will be as much as a kit for cavity walls.

Bod

i have a metabo and it has a clutch which works ok not too much snatch,

the makita is probably betteras it has electronic power off when snaging,
more pricy though.

what i would like to know is for stone walls is there a particular bit i should have as the one i have at moment is for general use and takes an hour or two to get through a cavity stone wall?

builds your arms tho. :)

Thanks Mick

I have repliyed to the above befor this post

Thank you both

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back