Condensate pipe Lagging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a boiler on friday and have to run the condensate outside, under some decking and into a down pipe.

What constitutes acceptable lagging? Is it correct if I up-size the pipe I wont need to use lagging? I think the fall I need is 40 mm per metre??

Thanks guys, appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Cheaper to upsize it to inch and a quarter as the waterproof lagging is expensive and manky looking.
Some manufacturers give a maximum length of run outside so check that too

run it in 32mm+. No lagging. Lagging looks sh1te. I recently did one in 40mm as it was a long way and mostly sideways.

Thanks very much I will check, its valiant and the run is only about 4 meters, can't see that being too long.

Yes, I was advised I will need waterproof lagging but i've never seen the stuff.

So 1" 1/4 will need no lagging. Makes me happy if that is the case.

While were on the subject. I have never fitted one but what are your experiences with condensate pumps??

Sponsored Links
Fitted a few and quite surprised me how well they work .Certainly get you out the sh#te in awkward positions.

Condensate pumps are one of the best inventions in the world ever when it comes to getting you out of an awkward spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back