Refilling central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have drained central heating system but now it wont refill.
Am assuming the water is stuck at the mid-position valve.
Have an acl lifestyle mid-position valve 679h340-30l0 which we can't tell if its in the manual/open position - any ideas what to do next?? or how do you tell if the valve is open?

Sponsored Links
How are you trying to fill it, do you have an header tank or is it a sealed system.

Sponsored Links
Blocked cold feed certainly sound like the problem.

Did you clean the tank out before you drained down.

You have checked the water is running into the header tank.

Did not clean tank - lots of muck in it!
How can you tell if valve is open though?
How can you tell if the cold feed is blocked and how do you unblock it?
thanks

There's a slider on the end, you push it across, then lock it in by pushing it in.

When we turn the power off to it, the lever moves over to the left by itself - do you mean then push it back to the right and in?

Done that then! and nothing happened so now convinced its blocked somewhere!! Any advice on unblocking?
Thanks for help

Yes.

You system will have refilled with any position your motorised valve was in. It just would have taken longer.

Pics of the c/f pipe where it enters the system would be helpful.

As a temporary measure, can you back-fill it from the o/v?

Paul.

Can't back fill because when we tried to drain system water came out the plu that opens the o/v!!

Im getting lost here.

Your open vent should not be plugged....?

DIA.... are you more clued up on this... am I missing something?

Basically, find where the c/f enters the system, cut into it and clear the blockage.

Ive never came across a system I couldnt back fill for a few days until I had the time to clear the c/f blockage.

Maybe Im tired too. Cant quite undersand you OP.

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back