Vailiant thermo compact vu gb 182/1 E not sparking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am working on a thermo compact vu gb 182/1 E and it keeps going to lockout, The fan starts and the pressure switch works and the pump is running but no spark, i have cahanged the ignition pcb's and still not working.

Any ides, please.

Have been on the phone to vailliant's support for over 1h10min and still no help.

Cornel

Sponsored Links
My idea is that you should be gas registered to work on boilers.

We cannot give advice on gas related matters on an open forum. There is a special closed section called the Combustion Chamber where trade questions should be asked.

Please send your registration details to [email protected] and he will registered you.

If you post the problem there we will be happy to help.

Tony

Hi Tony

I can under stand that you want thees in a closed section, i have sent my detail to your admin how long would it take to get reggestird?

vaillant support is not helping after holding over a hour,but i still need to get the clients boiler going, they expect me back there tomorrow morning so..

If you don't want to post here please email me direct on ******@gmail.com

Any help would be appreciated.

why did you replace 2 pcbs? I hope your not charging for your misdiagnosis.
The most likely suspect is the flow switch or the pipes to it being blocked.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mickyg, thanks for your reply,

I have consulted with 2 other gas engineers as well as the supplier and thy all agreed with this diagnoses, the pcb's comes as 2 boards (one part) from the supplier's.

My main focus is to get the boiler working at the moment and the charges will be sorted when the job is complete.

Reg

I have consulted with 2 other gas engineers as well as the supplier and thy all agreed with this diagnoses,

sound like a bunch of muppets. why on earth would a supplier know anything about diagnosing faults??
flow switch/pump flow/circulation problem most likely.

Thanks for the reply I will go and look in to that.

In the mean time I am here to learn and not to criticize, every body start some wear.

Reg.

And did you see and act on my posting above?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back