cold radiators at the bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Radiator in my lounge is cold at the bottom and hot at the top. I have fashed the system and replaced old (double) with a new double radiator and put new valve as well, in fact all my radiators(single) apart from that one are working perfectly fine upstairs and dowstairs. I have bleed the radiators too but nothing happen. I have pipes of 15mm running throughout the house.
Can you please advise what could be the possible reasons for this radiator not to heat properly.

Sponsored Links
I have bleed the radiators too but nothing happen
If this is true then you have either left both valves turned off or both pipes are blocked (or 1 off and 1 blocked)

Maybe,just maybe, the rad you bought could have had debris left in it from manufacture, one of the fins may have a blockage. I had this problem with a fancy column radiator. Exchanged it, the new one was fine. Just a thought :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back