electrical shower - Mira Elite 2 works starts and then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira Elite 2 electric shower, that was installed before I purchased the house some 3 years ago here in Ireland (same reg's as UK) just recently after someone came in and did some work on lights in the kitchen, which were connected to lights in the bedroom, the electrical shower cord light comes on, the shower works for a short time and then stops. I tripped the switch in the MCB and after a short time the shower works, but again only for a short time.

Can anyone advise what is going on?

Cathal

Sponsored Links
MCB shows GARO fuse GRCB B40 30Ma and 230V fuse
not sure what the KW is on the shower. If I open it up, I presume there would be something there?

Sponsored Links
the main circuit board, which has a larger separate fuse for the shower with a test button.

Sorry forgot to mention, I did replace the cord switch thinking this might be the problem, but the problem still exists.

Any Mira Elite 2 showers I have seen are 9.8kW if that helps.

the main circuit board, which has a larger separate fuse for the shower with a test button.
This sounds like an RCD not an MCB. Is it possible to posts a pic of your CU to confirm?

If you had work completed on the lighting circuits then possibly the neutral was put back in the wrong neutral bar for the corresponding live. This would cause the RCD to trip.

Or someone used the neutral from the shower circuit for the lighting...?

cathalob - try the EDIT button, sometimes its quite useful.........

i have taken a photo of the fuse, but do not know how to get it into my album

I think it is likely that something like the wiring for the lighting could be the cause.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back