Plumbing in a hot water supply to thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK - here we go - may be a stupid question - so forgive my ignorance in advance!!
Stepson has just had new combi boiler fitted and now loft is full of pipes to central heating.
He has had an electric shower removed and now wants to replace that with thermostatic mixer as the central heating fitter said that all he needs to do is take a hot water feed from any of the pipes in the loft via a T junction . There is still a cold water feed from the old electric shower.
Can a T really just be fitted into any of the central heating pipes and that be used? Seems a tad too simple to me - but then what do I know - I just pay for it all when it goes wrong!!

Sponsored Links
Can a T really just be fitted into any of the central heating pipes and that be used? Seems a tad too simple to me - but then what do I know - I just pay for it all!!

NO

you need to find the hot water

with heating off

run a hot tap and feel the pipes

the one that gets warm is the one you want :idea:

:) - thank you - but at the risk of being even more stupid -you do mean the CH pipes in the loft - don't you and not just the pipes near the sink etc?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back