Boiler will not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Swiftflow Gloworm Boiler.

Just today I tried to run hot water and had none. The boiler had been fine upto this morning.

I checked the boiler and the pilot light had gone out. I re-lit the pilot light, waited a few minutes and tried the hot water again.

I DID turn the valve back to the correct setting!!!!

There was an initial burst of flame in the boiler and then the flame was extinguished.

I then had to wait to re-light the pilot.

This happens everytime the I try to run Hot water/central heating

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
COmmon problem, the pilot needs attention - a service will sort it.

Thanks for the advice,

Just had a plumber around and the pump has gone...

The gas is cutting out because the water is getting too hot and is not being pumped out.

A temperature safety system apparently

Sponsored Links
We have the same sort of problem with out Glowworm boiler. It works OK for ages then as soon as we change the timing for its daily use it seem to forget how to work. We did this on Saturday night and on Sunday morning the pilot light had gone out and we have had no heating since! Would this be the thermocoupler needs replacing?

If you'd said WHEN the flame whent out it would have helped! Depends on timing. If the flames go out within a couple of seconds then it's too quick to be the pump. And it must have made a noise before cutting out on overheat..

PSB
A) are you sure it's meant to have a permanent pilot?
b) will the pilot stay on while you "hold the button in" or equivalent?

Even if it looks like a failed TC it could be just that the pilot's dirty/too small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back