Replacing Drayton Digistat RF3?

plb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Drayton Digistat RF3 has been misbehaving recently; it keeps showing a fixed red light. I tried the commissioning sequence suggested on other threads several times; sometimes it seems like it's fixed, but in hours or a couple of days it's back to square one, or sometimes it doesn't work at all.
Unless one of you has other suggestions, I think it's time to replace it. I'm not impressed with the user friendliness of it, and it seems very slow to pick up temperature changes, and I suspect it tends to show temperatures higher than reality, but not sure if this is part of it being old and broken or if it's a defect this brand tends to have. If that's the way they all are, maybe I should get a different brand, what would you suggest? On the other hand, if I stick with the same brand, but buy a new one (possibly RF2 instead to simplify things), would the wiring be the same (inside the unit there's a tag saying the warranty expires in 1999, so it's a pretty old one)? Not being an expert, it would be nice to minimize installation headaches...

Sponsored Links
If you were to use a digistat rf2 then it should be a case of swapping the box and wires over exactly the same.

However the rf2 is only a 24 hour prog roomstat,whereas the rf3 is 7 day,so it depends whetehr you need the differing 7 day timings.

Honeywell do a very user friendly programmable roomstat in a RF.

Salus rt500rf is also good for the money(£45+VAT)

There are also afew other manufacturers that do them,ie danfoss and horstmann.

If it was me then i would be installing the Honeywell.

Graham

If you want troublefree, easy to program accuracy, the siemens rev 24 rf is the one to go for, honeywell cmt 927 is also good.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back