Noisy Combi Protherm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a Protherm 100ec combi boiler. I\\\'m suprised at the noise it generates, dosen\\\'t seem to be air in the system just the boiler. Some friends have been around and seemed to agree that this seems to be a noisy boiler. Any thoughts? Thanks

Sponsored Links
fan or air in the system! did u flush the old system through?
i think if u need to ask u probably shouldn't be installing.;)

What the hell is a protherm boiler, never heard of them, is this "another" boiler maker claiming to have been making "qaulity" state of the art boilers since 10BC we have never heard of, just how many different makes all using the same pcb's, gas valves, diverter vavles, pressure switches ect does the public need to confuse them, if you have just fitted this pile of garbage why are you asking on here, GET THE BLOODDY MAKERS TO COME AND LOOK AT IT, I take it you bought it on recommendation, get them to look at it as well if it's suposed to be so blooddy fantastic, or was it sooooooooooo cheap you just "had" to have it.

Sponsored Links
I've seen a couple and they're nothing to get excited about , good or bad. As someone said, all very familiar looking inside. Hepworth group thing, sold though independents, in principle like plumbcenter's Jaguars.

What sort of noise? The question is a bit like saying "my car's noisy, what's wrong with it?"!

I see Halstead who are so proud to be making "qaulity british boilers" since Moses was a lad have sold out, of course I am sure the new company will carry on and add on their experience in clocking up shareholders bonus's errr I mean producing boilers since Adam bit the apple, of course the will have been making condensers since the big bang and have been selling across the universe when we were just bacteria in a pond.

Hope they don't improve their quality or we'll be out of a job.
Lerve their "finest" long floppy pcb's which break joints in the middle, a snip at £246.71

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back