Domestic Electrician Seasonal Advertising Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advertising our services as domestic electricians is an expensive business and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for making a good ad and where they got the most response?

What would you advertise at this time of year - perhaps not rewires, but maybe showers or extra sockets (for Xmas lights)

Please rate the following 1-10. 10 being a really good place to advertise and 1 being rubbish.

Newspaper (please state best day)

Newsagent window

Parish Council Magazine

Area shoppers guides

Free Newspaper

Radio

Sponsorship

Web directories

Own Web site

Flyers push through peoples doors

Sponsored Links
8/10 for Parish mags
1/10 for everything else, except sign written van with a Landline not mobile number 6/10
and yellow pages/yell. -minus 20/10 expensive waste of time.

Hi

As a consumer I wouldn't look at any of those to find an electrician.

For me, the best is word of mouth, followed by websites who rate tradesmen, like the one run by Which magazine, and then the Napit/Niceic websites.

But I suppose it depends on the individual.

Regards

G

I used YP for a "tracked" ad. They used one of their phone numbers to track responses.

I got no sales from that ad. £800 down the pan.

My best was printing two-colour two-sided glossy leaflets & delivering them (if you have a slack day) or having them delivered (if you're flush!).

Trouble is, it doesn't always get an immediate response. But IME, people kept the leaflet and rang when there was a problem in the future.

Sponsored Links
I am answering from a consumer's view. We have delivered every month a Look Local magazine, nothing flash, seems to be produced on a PC but plenty seem to advertise in it. As it says all local tradespeople advertise in it.

Most of my friends round here and at the local pub make use of it when we want a tradesperson; on the assumption locals wont let us down and if they do we know where we can get our hands round their necks, The only ones we will not use, and this is a universal view, are those who just quote a mobile number and do not supply an address!!

I suppose this is the modern day parish magazine. Certainly the adverts rates are very reasonable.

Back