another door rattling problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had french doors fitted..they close fine but the door with the handle (non-bolted side) rattles when closed..it looks like the doors are not meeting close enough together and so only the tip of the latch is keeping the door closed...is there anything I can do to improve this?

Sponsored Links
They should have an adjustment on the keeps to pull the doors closer in, also if you have roller cams these can be adjusted too with a allen key. They have a concentric pin, indicated with a line.

thanks for reply, sorry i should have said these are hardwood internal doors with a mortice latch..i wondered if its possible to make them close more tightly?

I have just had french doors fitted..they close fine but the door with the handle (non-bolted side) rattles when closed..it looks like the doors are not meeting close enough together and so only the tip of the latch is keeping the door closed...is there anything I can do to improve this?
Get the fitter back to adjust them or replace.

Sponsored Links
ok, how do they do that..is it a big job or is it better to just live with it,..the doors do close but i think they will rattle everytime another door is opened (we havent moved in to the house yet)..thanks for the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back