External cable problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I am trying to install an outside light and PIR on an external building from a house.I have run SWA to joint box,then continued in conduit to the accessory mounting point.The problem is i cant run cable in to the back of unit so have got to enter PIR and light from the side(on surface).I did think about just fixing conduit right up to the PIR and light but looks untidy!!!!!
Is thier any cable which can be used for a short clipped run exposed to the elements or any other suggestion will be much appreciated..... : :(
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The problem still exists of pyro entering into the side of the light and PIR units when the cable should enter through the wall into the back of them(which cant be done).
Cheers Rob

1) Couldn't pyro be neatly glanded into the light, as it's quite small?

2) Why can't the cables go in at the rear?

3) Could you fix a box to the wall, and the light to the front of the box, take the cable in through the bottom of the box and then into the rear of the light? Or mount the light on some sort of stand-off bracket to give access to the rear?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back