Replacing a hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

was wondering if any one could point me in the direction of a link for replacing a hot water cylinder. If not my brother has an aga which supplies his hot water cylinder with hot water,his cylinder is laking at the moment and he wants to replace it like for like.

The cylinder is 900x450 and is a vented cylinder. isolating and emptying the cylinder is ok, but the flow and return pipework from the aga to the cylinder is where im getting stuck. Is there a drain cock near the aga does anyone know and is it pretty easy to isolate so i can disconnect it.

Also if possible could someone suggest a reasonable priced shop, site to buy a new cylinder would be very grateful.

Many thanks lewis

Sponsored Links
isolate the feed and expansion for the central heating tank then drain the heating system by a drain valve or by removing a rad and drain down off that.

Nath

cheers

there are no radiators or central heating. the aga just supplies the hot water so i could isolate it i suppose then just check for a drain cock.

any ideas roughly on prices for a standard 900x450 cylinder with an immersion heater.

thanks

is the cylinder direct or indirect.i.e have you two tanks in the loft or one.a standard 900x450 is about £300.

Sponsored Links
not sure where in cornwall you can buy a tank at a good price, but you will need to buy one of the correct grade, (ie height from water level in loft tank to bottom of cylinder determines the grade required) i THINK grade 3(which is the cheapest) does up to 10m, going to grade 2 then most expensive grade 1.

city plumbing gave us best quote on a 1500x450 indirect last week 300+vat even plumb centre quoted 320.grade 1 is more unvented territory. as most common is grade 3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back