Glowworm SpaceSaver boiler: adjusting the pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 20 yr old Glowworm SpaceSaver II boiler recently developed a problem where the pilot light wouldn't stay alight.
A new thermocouple and gas valver were fitted (150 quid) by a heating engineer and the unit now works OK, apart from one problem. The pilot light is now very strong and it sounds like the boiler is permanently on.
I would like to have the pilot light adjusted. Is this something I can do myself (the front panel needs removing), or should I get the heating engineer back for this?

Sponsored Links
It is a relatively simple adjustment and I would not have too many qualms about telling you personally off the forum. However, we are not allowed to give advice on DIY gas work on here for obvious reasons.

However, its the responsibility of the RGI to set it correctly and if you have any doubts then you should call him back.

Gas valves are quite expensive and £150 for parts and labour seems very reasonable!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back