Bolier problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Ideal Elan RS60 mk2, How can I confirm the Overheat thermostate is gone.
Pump works in response to thermostat, have to put the boiler to high to get it to ignite, it then runs for 1 or maybe 2 mins then cuts out. It has been banging and making kettling noises, so I have flushed the system through and bled the radiators, The boiler will run while I am flushing but when I stop it stops, Am i on the right lines with the overheat thermostat? if I disconect it will it still run? any advice gratefuly recieved.

Sponsored Links
If you disconnect the overheat stat, your boiler will run. It will also probably explode. Safety systems are there for a reason. It sounds like you have a blockage at some point or alternatively a poor pump.
NEVER DISENGAGE ANY SAFETYSYSTEM!!

No the boiler wont run if you disconnect it.

Think of a good reason for the stat cutting out.

Then think banging and making noises.

Then find out why nthe boiler is Actually overheating and the stat is doing what its meant to.

Scale or pump is what you should be checking

Sponsored Links
take it out
make sure your insurance is up to date
ohhh dont bother as it wlll be backheeled
so when you drop the gable end your defence will be :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back