Please Help! Worcester Bosch Greenstar Cdi not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system is about a year old. I had to bleed my up stairs radiators last night as there was a lot of air in them. This morning the heating would not kick in. Hot water is fine. I noticed the presssure was down so have increased it to about 1.5 bars but the heating system will still not fire up. The termostat is up and displays it is working. I have reset the system 3-4 times. Each time I reset the digital display goes down from 60 to 38 at around 41 the system acts as if it is going to start working but as it start to climb back up it all shuts down again. I'm a women and blond at that so may be that's why I don't understand. Please help... the kids and I are very cold...please... ;0(

Sponsored Links
The thermostat has no name on it. It's a digital type. It has an up arrow button and a down arrow button to set temp and a third button which switches on a blue back light. when the thermostat is on a small flame icon shows at the bottom of the disply. It take 2 AA batteries - does that help?

Sponsored Links
I wonder if its a salus, take the batteries out and put them back in, is your boiler showing any letters or numbers on the display?

Have tried the battery trick on the thermostat and even put new batteries in without effect. The boiler display shows no letter just the numbers 58. When I puch reset on the boiler this number goes down to about 38 - on it's way down the system appears to start but has the display digits climb back up tp 58/60 it all stops again. I must admit I'm no diy expert but everything is saying to me it's something to do with the thermostat. Any ideas. you are my only hope....

It could be but the image is a tad small and I cannot enlarge it. The image you posted looks like it is 2 units if so mine would be the one on the left...

not sure of your boiler, but the Salus stat may not be communicating with its receiver, which will be wired to your boiler

the receiver has 2 lights on it, 1 red, this means the receiver is being powered, and 1 green. when the green light is lit it means it is receiving
a signal from the stat.

have a look at receiver, what lights are lit

if only red, turn the Salus stat up to say 30

does green light come on?

Most rf stats have an override button on the receiver near the boiler; check the manual where it is an push it or shove it or whatever it is with a salus; that will eliminate the transmitter not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back