solder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was doing a job and ran out of solder, luckily i have a plumbers merchants across from where i stay but to my disbelief they wanted over £8 for it ( 1 roll ), i couldnt believe it and i didnt take it. To be honest I have always got my solder for free from work so dnt know how much they are but i was expectng £2-3, is this £8 normal? also it was over £4 for a litte tub of flux. An this was with my trade discount

Sponsored Links
Those are the kind of prices you should expect to pay!

I am glad that I dont employ you if you steal from your employer.

Tony

Tony

my employer was the council so its not like i was stealing from anyone

Sponsored Links

Tony

It's stealing you light finger git, who the ferk do you think pays for it.

Perhaps you case the joint when you're working in someones house, so you and a few pikie mates can go back later.

People who steal from their employers are not likely to pay £400 for their own gas registration!

I feel that he is stealing from my council tax payments AND stealing the gas registration fee as well by doing gas work without paying for his own registration or insurance.

Even more surprising is that he cannot cover the material costs from the customer's payments.

How can the legitimate RGI compete with anyone like that who saves about £800 pa by not having registration or insurance and even gets the materials at no cost by stealing them?

Tony

Ben asked if he was registered.

But it could well be that he only does wet work but should still have insurance if working for the public.

Not much good if he burns the house down and then says " I am sorry but I dont have any insurance and live in a rented house!"

Alexandra Palace was burnt down by someone doing a spot of welding. That accident cost the insurers about £33M.

Tony

Agile . Is that how much they charged you to re-register .
Those of us who do it every year only pay about £175 you ought to try it

People who steal from their employers are not likely to pay £400 for their own gas registration!

I feel that he is stealing from my council tax payments AND stealing the gas registration fee as well by doing gas work without paying for his own registration or insurance.

Even more surprising is that he cannot cover the material costs from the customer's payments.

How can the legitimate RGI compete with anyone like that who saves about £800 pa by not having registration or insurance and even gets the materials at no cost by stealing them?

How the **** is it stealing? the council store supplies you with materials you need eg solder, flux. i get it to do council work and it goes in my tool box, so when i go to do a job are u saying i have to put that aside and go and buy my own stuff for the job, and who the **** mentioned gas u idiot!!!
Tony

Tony

It's stealing you light finger git, who the ferk do you think pays for it.

Perhaps you case the joint when you're working in someones house, so you and a few pikie mates can go back later.

Listen son, dont try and act the big man on this, because you wouldnt dare say it to my face. And who do I think pays for it, i think the council pays for it and the goverment pays for that and i pay my ****in taxes so i pay for it !!!!!!!!

Tony
What does this comment have to do with what i said ? who mentioned gas, i was changing a rad, last time i checked it was water that ran through them. and i cannot cover the costs?, i said i wasnt paying that not i couldnt pay it, and i pay tax 2 you know !!!! Its like talking to ****in weans

calm down fella

the mad mod 11 will get yer
lol-022.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back