Drayton Digistat +3 - Erratic operation

S

shamone79

Hi. Have just fitted above stat but am finding it troublesome. Just want to find out if it is dodgy or if it is operating correctly?

Basically it seems to be calling for heat at temps above what it is set for in auto mode.

Now, and since 16.30 I have set the temp at 21.5 until 22.00 which is set for 11.5. (I have now manually set each day, instead of 5/2, aswell by the way just in case that was at fault).

The temp on the display is showing 22.6 yet it keeps calling for heat sporadically? Its friggin boiling!!

I've checked what temp it is set for and it is showing 21.5?

What is going on with this stat?

I had a Siemens Digi before and although basic it did what it was supposed to do. I bought this for more flexibility but it is acting very strangely.

It is definately on auto mode and not manual or manual/auto either.

Please can anyone shed any light on it for me? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi. No it is not the wireless version. Just 2 wire boiler operation.

This morning the heating hasnt even come on. The flame symbol (call for heat) was on but boiler inop. Touched the + button to check temp setting, as soon as that was touched the relay clicked and boiler fired. Temp setting was correct at 19.5 degs and ambient temp was 17.1 degs.

There has to be something wrong with it to be showing the call for heat symbol with no boiler operation, then as soon as I touch a button on the panel the relay clicks and away the boiler goes?

To add at 7.33am: Stat keeps stopping calling for heat before required temp is reached also. Is this right?

Sponsored Links
Hi shamone79. I'm having exactly the same issue. I know this was posted some time ago but did you resolve this by getting a new one or something else?

If so was it faulty? Did you get the same one?

Thanks.

There are always a few genuinely faulty controls.

The secret is to buy it from a reputable source and keep the receipt.

Some dodgy people sell faulty things on Ebay !

Most of those controls use magnetically latching relays. They use no power once switched but dont apply as much contact pressure and sometimes give problems.

Tony

As Agile correctly assumed, I bought it off eBay. And although it was new, it never worked right so I cut my losses and bought a Honeywell CMT927.

Much better.............

Thanks for the replies. Yeah mine was bought from Ebay too. Since I posted I've been doing more research and it appears that lots of people are having the same problem and it seems to be the way they work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back