Hotpoint Aquarius WMA32 drum bearings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My WMA32 is only 3 years old and doesn't get used more then a couple of times a week. Despite this, the drum bearings have become deafening, and I'm sure they'll give up totally soon, probably flooding the kitchen at the same time.
I can't work out how the drum comes out of the machine, help! :confused:
Also what other parts might I need (seals etc) to do this job? Having got the top off the machine it looks like the two plastic parts of the drum case separate round the middle, am I right? Are there any clever tricks to know for this job?

Sponsored Links
Don't you have a local domestic appliance retailer (not chain)? Could save yourself a bit of time and you might get some advice thrown in.

Sponsored Links
for my sins i used to wrk for hotpoint, it is possible to get the bearings out, but they did make their own "special tool" for pulling bearings out. I found it to be very good.

the real problem comes when you put the new bearings in, you MUST get them in flat and level, the bearing removel tool can put both bearings in at the same time ( i know i did that too)

you shopuld also cahnge the drum support when you change the bearings, if you dont they wont last that long.

It is quite common for bearings to go because people quite often overloaded the m/c, this causes it to spin off centre, wearing the bearing seel.

I would get a h.p engineer to do it, quickest i did it was 1 1/2 hrs (as you have to take m/c apart to do it

I have some bearings going cheap..
mail me if needed

email address can be shown in your profile

Thanks for your help guys, does anyone have a diagram of the drum and bearing assembly, just so I have an idea of what it all looks like in advance. Thanks.

i dont sorry but can talk u through it if you like. can get some photo 4 u

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back