Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 pm Post Subject: SHOWER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have recently moved house and have replaced an electric shower with mixer attached to existing pump feeding another shower. Expected the flow would decrease but it now seems heavier even when both showers are on. Anyone any ideas why. My initial thoughts are there may have been a blockage which I disturbed.

second question maybe need electric forum. The shower pump is attached to a double pole switch at 5amp. This is then run to the consumer unit MCB 45amp. Is 45amp too high. Does it need changing, is it safe. As the pump was put in before I moved here do not have a booklet. if it needs changing will have to get a spark to look at. Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
45 Amps is just a tad too much for a 5 Amp switch to handle! :eek:

If the cable run to the switch is up to spec. to run an electric shower, probably a 10mm cable, then the 45 Amp MCB could be considered adequate to protect the cable, but would need fusing down via a 3 or 5 amp fuse local to the pump, maybe in a switched FCU in place of the switch to protect the pump.

If any part of the cable run to the pump switch is smaller than about 10mm CSA, the MCB should be changed. A 6 Amp MCB in the CU could eliminate the need for a local fuse at the pump.

I suspect the cable to the 5 Amp switch is less than 10mm, as it's virtually impossible to fit a 10mm cable into the terminals of a light switch!

when you say a double pole switch at 5A,

i imagine you mean a switched fused spur with a 5A fuse in it.

is that right?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back