BAXI Duo-Tec combi boiler - E119 Error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the above boiler, which was installed about 2 years ago.
We had a few initial teething problems and had the installer back and forth, but all settled down for the past 18 months. The last week, EVERY Morning without fail I have had to re-pressurise the boiler as it showed E119 error code and we had no hot water. I topped up the pressure by opening the valve under the boiler and re-pressurising to approx 2.5 bar...

I have recently started putting the heating on the evenings and wonder if this has contributed to the system. I have checked all rads and they don't need bleeding.

My question is, why is this doing this EVERY morning and what can I do? I remember someone mentioning the Pressure level sensor being blocked - would this be about right???

Thanks in addvance for your time and help.

Dan

Sponsored Links
When your system heats up it's not uncommon for the pressure to raise 0.5bar. At 3 bar your pressure release valve should release discharging through a pipe that should run externally, once the valve releases they have a tendancy to leak. Is there water dripping out of this pipe?

1 - 1.5 bar is normal when cold. I suspect your expansion vessel needs recharging.

In answer to both your comments:

Not sure about the external pipe, but sometimes there is a small drip from the valve when I top the pressure up. Don't think there is any other leaks.

Expansion vessels - what are they?

Sponsored Links
I topped up the pressure by opening the valve under the boiler and re-pressurising to approx 2.5 bar...

Dan

Your topping the pressure up too high. No more than 1- 1.5 bar when cold! See twgas's post
Check schrader isn't leaking as duotech vessels rarely suffer from split diaphragms

When I have to repressurise the pressure is not even on 1 bar....the external pipe does have discharge, which I presume is ok?

We just got in from being out all day so no hot water or heating used and we had the EII9 CODE as presumably the system was cold and the pressure was just about 1 bar.....

Do you think it is the pressure sensor?

this is the same set up as the promax.

ive found the WPS to be far too sensitive and they often trip the error code at 1 bar. make sure your expansion vessel is properly charged and keep the system pressure at 1.5 bar minimum to avoid nuisance lockouts at the 1 bar level.

The Duo Tec was the Which magazing best buy !

Its odd how their research can be at such a wide variance with the views of most installers!

Tony

When I have to repressurise the pressure is not even on 1 bar

Below or above 1 bar? maybe the opening to the gauge and/or sensor is partially blocked with gunge, not unusual.
....the external pipe does have discharge, which I presume is ok?
No it is not. It is a safety outlet; under 2.5 nothing should come out.

Firstly, thanks to one and all for your comments....

Last question, how much roughly would it be to replace the expansion vessel on this boiler?

Unfortunately you dont seem to have understood what you have been told!

The EXV may just need repressurising with AIR ! See FAQ on this site.

It might have failed too but that would be unusual at that age.

I had to replace an EXV last weekend. The initial diagnostic visit was £84 and the subsequent visit to take boiler off wall with help from owner and supply and fit new EXV was £151.

Tony

Thanks Tony aka Agile.

I should have said, I was just seeing hyperthetically, if it was the EXV - how much that would be. I spoke to a friends uncle yesterday and he is a plumber, and he seemed to think that as there is a drip in the external discharge pipe, then it will be something with the boiler, possibly the EXV - hence me wondering how much they are.

The Duo Tec was the Which magazing best buy !

Its odd how their research can be at such a wide variance with the views of most installers!

Tony

More tripe,from an installers view you cant knock them.

Duo-tecs, all my friends and family have got 'em

replacing instants or bahamas :oops:

Could it be that, seeing that the Duotec is a "Baxi" boiler, that "Baxpoti" might just be a little biased?

Or even buy them at a staff discount?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back