Central Heating boiler not firing up (with noisy pump)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, My parents CH has just stopped working but there appears to have been a few events which may explain the reason. Over the past few months the heating has been very noisy and just this weekend one of the upstairs radiators was not working so i bled it and after releasing much water it soon warmed up. However the very next day the heating did not come on, the pump appears to run bu the boiler does not fire up. The pump appeared to be very warm but was working (pipes either side were cool so the heat was pump generated). I have checked the pump by removing the cover an watching the spindle rotate but I am not convinced that it is fully fit... Is it possible that the motor spindle could be rotating without the pump turning or could the pump have worn to the point where it cannot produce enough flow. Also, would this stop the boiler firing up...? By the way, the pump is a Wilo Gold 067. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the system is running dry if pipes to pump are cold but pump hot. Check the small thank in the loft has water in it. Could be the ballcock stuck or blocked cold feed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back