Power Flush - is this needed for new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new boiler (Vaillant) and radiators fitted. I have been told that I should have the system power flushed and the heating engineer can do this in a couple of weeks time for £300. The new boiler and radiators are working fine, though the radiator on the end of the loop is not heating up that well. I have a couple of questions on this:
Do I really need to power flush the system, given that it seems to be working well?
Also, if I do need to power flush, surely this should have been done at the same time as installing the new boiler and radiators, as any sediment etc may be damaging the new boiler in the meantime? Will it matter to wait the two weeks?
I have also placed this question on ukplumbersforum but no replies so far - any advice grateful received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
it should have been done before the new boiler was fitted!
how did the installer fill out the Benchmark details in the manual?
you now have all the crud from your old boiler running through your new one.
1 word to discribe an installer that does this COWBOY!

it should have been done before the new boiler was fitted!
how did the installer fill out the Benchmark details in the manual?
you now have all the crud from your old boiler running through your new one.
1 word to discribe an installer that does this COWBOY!

He did say it was a new boiler and radiators - would that require a powerflush as well?

If the rads and pipework were fitted new then no you don't need a powerflush. The systen should have been inhibited and balanced. That may be the reason your furthest rad isn't warming correctly.

Otherwise yes the system needs to be cleaned but you are correct it should have been done as part of the installation process

Sponsored Links
We used to flush system at same time as install, no real extra work involved as can leave machine flushing whilst one man does wiring, finishing flue etc.
Seems a little pointless now, any crape in the system will have had more than enough time to get into your boiler.
Although having had new rads fitted will have minimised the amount of debris present.
Sounds like system needs balancing. re cold rad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back