Red hot water from Creda shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm new to this site, and am just after a few answers.

I moved into my new home almost exactly 1 year ago, and the shower has been running fine until yesterday. I don't know how old the shower unit is but it is a Creda Aqua 9.5E. The problem now is that no matter what setting it is on, it just offers boiling hot water, so much so that you cannot stand under it. I have a Glow-Worm Combi boiler, and am not sure whether this will have anything to do with the problem. I'm assuming that the shower's thermostat has gone, but technically savvy i am not. I suppose i just want it confirming more than anything else. If it is the thermostat is it a case of replacing a part, or is it a whole new shower unit required.

Any help will be gratefully received.
Cheers !

Sponsored Links
The Creda Aqua 9.5E is an instantaneous electric shower. They regulate the temperature by adjusting the water flow rate. if the flow through them is reduced, the temperature goes up.

Check the handset hose isn't kinked or twisted and any service valves in the water supply are fully open, including the mains stopcock. Clean and de-scale the shower head. Look for any filters in the water supply connection that may need cleaning.

Thanks for your reply Tickly.

I unplugged the shower head, and cable from each other and the main unit, and touch wood, it seemed to work. Only used it once last night, but it seems to have done the trick.

Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back