Stupid or genius solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I recently went into the attic and noticed I had lost a roof tile. The roof is fairly old and could do with replacing, I just can't afford it yet. A few years back we lost a few and had it repaired with those little lead strips by a roofer.
Whil I was in the attic I wondered is it possible to spray something on the inside of the tiles to helpthem stick. I could see this would have two benefits 1) sticks the tiles so I don't loose any more 2) increases insulation. The one downside that I can see is that if I ever have the roof replaced/repaired it would take longer. I know there are commercial treatments that can be used (I have seen it done in a potato store) but is there anything that I could quickly and cheaply at home over time rather than investing a large sum now.
Then I remembered the spray foam that I have used to fill cavities in walls. I could get a tube of this every now and again and just add to the layer.

Is this just madness or actually a spark of genius?
:?: :confused: :!:

Sponsored Links
Its madness, you may as well get a spray foam insulation installer to do it. Its a bodge job no mistake. Adding a spray foam to the underside is just gonna make the inevitable re-roof even more expensive and delay it further.

Is this you?

StraightJacket.jpg

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back