Mira Sprint won,t stay on!

P

peter1450

Hi Have a 9,5kw Mira sprint shower, switches on , no warning lights come on, but switches itself off after approx 3 seconds, should the on/off switch stay in or does it just "latch"? Any advice appreciated ,thanks Pete.

Sponsored Links
are you loosing everything power light, water flow etc ?
if so sounds like a faulty on/off latching switch.

quite a common problem.
bypass the switch that will prove its the switch at fault.

Hi Thanks for the very quick reply! Yes , everything shuts down, my sister(who,s shower it is), says it stays running if she holds the switch in manually, which i advised her wasn,t probably the best thing to do if its faulty.
I will try bypassing the switch tomorrow and see what happens, thanks again.

if it keeps on running pushed in then the latching has failed on the switch.

they cost about £6.50.

Sponsored Links
Sorry took so long to reply, great advice, replaced the faulty latching switch, result, one happy sis, cheers!

Mira Sprint 8.5kw Electric shower
I was taking a shower when the waterflow suddenly stopped. After pressing the Latching Switch twice to restart shower, the Latching Switch wouldn't stay in anymore.
The Power light remains illuminated.
When holding the Latching Switch in maually, the low flow light is illuminated but still no water coming out.
The water pressure to all taps are quite strong, no issues there.
Any advice?

yep.
check the solenoid coil for resistance using a multi meter.
isolate shower power and put the multi meter across the two solenoid terminals.
you want a reading of 3.4 kohms.

solenoid coil retail about £12.00
latching switch retail about £7.00

how to test the coil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back