Sourcing 18mm thick Oak effect Melamine Faced Chipboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to construct (or more accurately, get someone else to construct) a wall mounted cabinet for my kitchen. I want it to match as closely as possible the existing cabinets that it will be placed next to. It turns out that they are non-standard sizes for UK so can't just by a cabinet off-the-shelf so I thought I would buy the material myself (luckily I have a matching door already).

The existing cabinets are made from 18mm thick Melamine Faced Chipboard, finished with an Oak effect. I am having trouble finding this anywhere in my local area (Oxford)! I've tried Wickes, Homebase, B&Q, and Jewson. Wickes is the closest with 15mm thick Oak effect MFC, but not 18mm.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
try travis perkins or alsfords if you have 1 near you,
does it have to be chipboard?i know you can get veneered mdf at that size,coz i had some in beech effect a few months ago from travis(pre ordered).

I got Oak faced MDF in the end (proper Oak, not melamine) as I just couldn't find the original material.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back