felt with zinc???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey just got a quote for a felt roof for my two flat roofs one is 7.8ft by 5ft and the other is larger sorry dont know the measurements. The roofer said he will do it all for 700 pounds which i thought was gud. My question is he wants to put a 3 layer felt down the cover it with zinc does that sound ok??? Will it last ok? he said it will have a ten year garentee

Sponsored Links
hey sorry what you mean and insurance backed garentee? He said it was a zinc based solar reflective paint?? he said it will be silver when its done and i have noticed alot of my neighbours have a grey roof on their flat roof

Sponsored Links
oh thank you will ask him about it. Does it sound right though for the felt thing to be covered in a zinc based paint? he said it will be grey by the end and will reflect the sun. Just dont want to pay a load of money to find out i have the wrong thing on planning to get a pitched roof in 10/15 years time anyway

solar paint is used on plain cap sheet to protect the felt from the sun.

it has to be re painted every couple of years though.

other options would be either mineral felt or stone chippings.

Zinc based paint ??? that stuff is really expensive , and used for "cold galvanising" METAL :LOL: I`d definitely get another quote or 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back