hair dye-on my door and wall and floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi :D

i got dark brown hair dye on my painted wall, painted door and linoleum floor. how can i remove without harming the paint?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Nobody in this forum has yet found a way to remove hair dye from anything.

Suggest re-painting door, wall and have nothing to suggest for the floor. :cry:

There should be huge warning label on all hair dye bottles stating HAIR DYE STAINS EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES - TAKE PRECAUTIONS!!

you should be alright to paint over the door the emulsioned wall will be a different ball game. Try a couple of coats of a stain blocker over it first and then the emulsion. I recenetly redecorated a hair salon, where they wanted the dye stained walls painted white! In some places it was so bad the only way to do it was to glue a layer of tin foil over the area, filler over the edges and then paint it.

Thermo

Sponsored Links
The same thing happened to me this past weekend, also with dark brown dye. I searched everywhere on the net for how to get it out and scrubbed it with everything I could think of, to no avail. It was on a white cupboard door in my bathroom, a bathroom door and splattered on the wall. My husband happened to notice a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser under the sink and tried that and VOILA - it took it right off with no damage whatsoever and no trace of dye anywhere. I'm not sure about the linoleum, though, as that was one area that was safe in my bathroom!!

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back