bathroom floor tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to undertake my first bathroom floor tiling job, i have over boarded with 12mm WBP ply, i am using 600mm by 600mm tiles. I am going to use "BAL Single Part Flexible adhesive" as the tiles are a gray colour i am unsure if white or grey grout would look best, what do you all thing would look better. Where do you all buy BAL Single Part Flexible adhesive from, seen in a tile shop but seemed fairly expensive. Could you please recommend a good web site to buy from.

Cheers

Russell

Sponsored Links
i always use grey grout on floors as white will discolour more where there is more traffic so you can get shading.

thats a big tile ur fixing mate....hope u have secured the floor well an good before u overboard with 12mm wbp ply???
imo u may want to take up that 12mm and maybe put something stronger down but thats just my..imo..

if he has OVERBOARDED then 12mm should be fine.thats a minimum of 30mm of flooring ,assuming its upstairs on a timber floor.

Sponsored Links
if he has OVERBOARDED then 12mm should be fine.thats a minimum of 30mm of flooring ,assuming its upstairs on a timber floor.

ok, addy manufacturers recommend min 15mm wbp,but as we all know that this is very hard to come by.
now 15mm and 18mm wbp have the same rigidity.
and 6mm backerboards have the same rigidity as 15mm wbp ply.

yes you can o/board with 12mm wbp ply but imo depends on substrate,joist conditions,size and type of tiles.

i have stopped using ply for o/board in favour of 6mm/12mm aquapanels/hardiebacker boards/no more ply etc..
again this is just my opinion. :)

op.. did you prime underside and edges of wbp ply with bal sbr?

i am with tictic on this, why do you only mention white or grey floor grout mate, there are so many different colours available now, what colour tiles are you using.
The only tiles i have fixed that size (600x600)was porcelain,although i have done bigger ( 1200x600 limestone) what a pig of a job it was,as it was done on a concrete floor, the floor had to be spot on because of the tile size, no room for error with those size tiles

but i will say if its a diy job..yes you could.

but for time served tile fixer we have to guarantee all works..putting down subsrates/overboarding/tanking/tile fixing etc..

only takes a bad bag of addy/grout and we wont have any cover from tile/addy manufacturers then we are in the s$$t ..
have know this to happen in the past mate. ;)

but i will say if its a diy job..yes you could.

but for time served tile fixer we have to guarantee all works..putting down subsrates/overboarding/tanking/tile fixing etc..

only takes a bad bag of addy/grout and we wont have any cover from tile/addy manufacturers then we are in the s$$t ..
have know this to happen in the past mate. ;)

You got that spot on mate, i have said it before and will say it again, it takes a lot of GOOD WORKMANSHIP to build up a good reputation, but only 1 piece of BAD WORKMANSHIP to ruin a reputation in this or any other trade.

Since you mentioned "time served tilers" i wonder how many people on here are actually timeserved, how many have completed these 4 week courses, how many are actually DIY tilers, how many are Handymen etc etc, would be nice to know.
NOT THAT I AM KNOCKING ANYONE, before anyone thinks i am, this is only out of curiosity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back