Painting over mahogany tounge & groove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im currently on my 2nd coat of white undercoat which I am putting on top of mahogany woodstained tounge and groove.

what I am starting to notice is some of the joins appear dark and hollow (if that makes sense) and other joins are looking nearly non existent as they are butted up closer and therefore completely white like the actual strip of wood.

My question is what should I be doing with the darker sections to make them look correct?

my guess and instinct is to just keep stufffing more paint into them but Ive never done any painting on this scale before so I thought I would check with the pros!

Im painting a bathroom which is toungue and grooved ceiling and walls

thanks for any help you can throw this way

Regs
Pip

Sponsored Links
chappers said:
Fill them with decorators caulk then paint over.

any tips for a quick way to do this?

man theres loads of gaps to fill

Sponsored Links
see the post on ceiling cracks and my link on it. You should be able to do them in no time at all with that stuff. Just make sure you follow along with a damp sponge to get it smooth afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back