mixer shower nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted thermostatic mixer shower shower which i bought off ebay brand new and when i turned the left knob on which is the cold water supply knob the water is boiling hot even at coldest setting,after adjusting the right temperature knob it doesnt seem to regulate the temp untill you press the override switch to go really hot only then it goes freezing,i cut a hole in the wall behind to double check i havent put hot and cold feeds on wrong way around but i havent,any ideas,thanks

Sponsored Links
just fitted thermostatic mixer shower shower which i bought off ebay brand new

now you know why it was for sale :LOL: :LOL:

depending on the make model the cartridge could be in wrong

or its the wrong one for your system

It certainly sounds like the hot and cold feeds are reversed.....
yes thats what i thought ,hence the hole in my sons bedroom wall but the cold feed is definately going into the left side which has actually got a blue sticker on it and other side a red sticker

Sponsored Links
just fitted thermostatic mixer shower shower which i bought off ebay brand new

now you know why it was for sale :LOL: :LOL:

depending on the make model the cartridge could be in wrong

or its the wrong one for your system
it is brand new from a company that supplies them,have emailed them but they must not be open on sundays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back