Is this a good price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a quote from a reliable company (I know someone who has used them to do work on their house). To supply and install fascias, soffits and guttering on a mid terrace house I've been quoted the price of around £900 does this sound good or is it a bit pricey, I have another quote from another firm who were alot more and also a bit pushy so not going with them. Other half thinks this is expensive and should only cost £500 max but for the amount of work being done I think its ok, advice or opinions please.

Sponsored Links
Removing the wood or over cladding? Eaves protection?/bird comb?/asbestos soffits?/top of house only?/scaffold/ladders?

it's to remove the wooden soffits and fascias and replace, also vents for the roof space, 2 days of scaffold hire and about 3/4 people doing the job

3 or 4 men 2 days to do a mid terrace :eek:

strip out and renew soffit plate with vented soffit.

strip and renew existing fascia boards

install overfascia trays and bird comb filler units (depending on tiles)

renew gutters and rainwater pipes.

if this is what your estimate reads then its a fair price........if not get a couple more estimates.

Sponsored Links
I would ensure the company you plan to use have a landline telephone number and an address for the business. Should matters go awry you have means of contacting them for redress.

I would ensure the company you plan to use have a landline telephone number and an address for the business. Should matters go awry you have means of contacting them for redress.
That`s not a landline to an " accomodation address" . I`d want a yard with an office and loads of tiles stacked around/ vans in and out etc. Any "roofer" can have a fancy van signwritten and have a relative who lives in a house to take the calls ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back