How to get my transit door open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ive got a ford transit lwb r reg and the drivers door has jammed and wont open from the inside or outside we have taken the door card off from the inside and the barrel is working fine the door handles and linkages are ok it seems to be the latch has either seized or is broke we have drilled the rivets and removed the metal plate behind the barrel to get axcess to the latch but the latch has a case around it and we cannot remove it because the screws for the latch are obviously on the side of the door which we cannot get access to without opening the door any ideas how to remove the latch and get the door open ?

Sponsored Links
tommyl18";p="1409334 said:
Hi ive got a ford transit lwb r reg and the drivers door has jammed and wont open from the inside or outside we have taken the door card off from the inside and the barrel is working fine the door handles and linkages are ok it seems to be the latch has either seized or is broke we have drilled the rivets and removed the metal plate behind the barrel to get axcess to the latch but the latch has a case around it and we cannot remove it because the screws for the latch are obviously on the side of the door which we cannot get access to without opening the door any ideas how to remove the latch and get the door open ?[/quote

I have the same problem how did you fix it?

hey - I had same problem with my golf. In my case, the deadlock had siezed - in the locked position.

i managed to drill through the lock housing from inside the car and "wind back" the worm and peg mechanism to un-lock the lock.

of course - most probably a different setup in the ford but thought this may help you in some way.

Sponsored Links
Aha!!
Finally something that relates, as old as it is,: I have this problem now and can't, for the life of me, get the door open...
Any real help would be most welcome.

Back