Flat roof Situation......in the future

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I bought my flat a few months ago and about a month in noticed a small hole in one of the tiles. I then phoned up the local housing association who said they would sort it and replace the tile. Within half a week the tile was replaced and they cut away quite a large part of the felt as I had temporarily filled the hole in the tile with yellow expanding foam.

The tile was replaced and then in the loft you could see they had layed some 'white sheet material'. It covers all of the surface where the roofer cut the felt and looks fine.

Just wondering that when I come to sell my flat within a few years will the mortgagee's survey pick it up and refuse to lend on that basis? (even though the sheet does the same job as the felt surely?)

Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
It could be yes, although not totally sure. Pretty sure it will be ok, tile was definitley replaced correctly as I could see it so Hopefully won't cause problems on valuation

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back