Worcester 24cdi Emergency fill help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post so be gentle with me. :oops:

Have searched through past posts (and theres many regards this boiler) and have not been able to find an answer so here's my problem:

Boiler is a Worcester 24cdi and the filler knob for topping up the system has sheared off.

I've re-filled it via the key and knob a fair few times over the years with no problem untill yesterday when the knob snapped off as i turned it to re-fill the system.

Due to finances i will not be able to order a replacement filler assembly till December.

So my question is, as an emergency measure how can i fill the system now.

I know when we first moved in we had someone fill the system via a hose pipe (as we never had a key then) but as is always the case i never took any notice of what was done as i knew i was going to get a key (which we did).

So hopefully someone can help as the wife and kids think it's getting cold and the pressure is now low in the system.

Hope i've not bored you to much with what i guess is a very simple answer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Sponsored Links
Has the knob fallen off leaving just the white shaft ?. If so, in an emergency, you can lock the key in place and use some pliers/grips to turn the shaft. This is only a temp measure because the shaft can become damaged when you continually use the above method.

Simon

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Sadley the whole knob and shaft has snapped flush and i cant get pliers on the 1 or 2mm of the shaft that is left visable.

Sponsored Links
Alternatively, you can get a complete universal filling loop for a tenner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back